SET A POST SCHEDULE
Having a schedule of social media posts will help you navigate a cross-channel promotional plan for your Bonfire apparel campaigns.
Here’s an average 4-post plan for a typical* 10-14 day campaign:
- Launch Day: Raise awareness of your campaign and explain what you’re offering on Bonfire.
- Day 3: As you build awareness, consider marketing a specific shirt style, color, or seasonal benefit.
- Day 6: Consider focusing on something different like giving an update on your campaign status or a look inside the making of your t-shirt design.
- 2 Days Left: Time is running out. Let people know how close you are to hitting campaign-related goals.
- Last Call: It’s the last day of your campaign. Encourage sales or additional donations for last-minute shoppers.
*If you or your followers have lots of activity on your social feeds, a post’s reach can be minimized. Combat getting lost in the noise by increasing frequency or posting on channels — like Facebook — where you can ‘pin’ and/or boost posts as advertisements.
STRUCTURE GOOD POSTS
- Use an attention grabbing post intro
- Include where proceeds are going in the you in the campaign’s description
- Create an urgent call to action, like “Don’t wait to buy, sale ends next week!”
- Use the shirt image to show off the design
- Include your Bonfire URL so supporters can click-through to purchase
PIN YOUR BONFIRE FACEBOOK POST
Pinning will increase a post’s visibility to your followers and ensure that anyone who stumbles across your Facebook page sees your shirt.
To pin your post:
- Click the dropdown icon in the top right corner of your Facebook post
- From the dropdown, select Pin to Top
- Facebook’s how-to: https://www.facebook.com/help/235598533193464